We were happy to receive (and read!) a total of 129 applications for the first Together Alone round! We’ve gone through amazing applications by artists and collectives from across the globe – from Finland to Burkina Faso, Japan, India and Australia. Five projects have now been selected, taking us on an exploration of artistic practices in times of physical isolation: artists weaving futurology and contemporary dance practices, studying fresh-water polyps and creating algorithms based on Covid-19 data, and others focusing on collaborative practices via soundscapes and online reading programmes.
The selected projects from the first round are:
- Across the Way With… by Shimmer Rotterdam and PUBLICS
- Bodytalk by Simo Vassinen, Roope Mokka and Maria F. Scaroni
- Hydra Human Hybrid by Charles Quevillon and Maija Tammi in collaboration with Tedd Robinson
- Untitled by Maria Korkeila
- World Wide Window by Mikki Nordman
The project continues. Send your proposal our way by April 20th or May 4th at 4 p.m (EEST). Let’s try to make the most out of this situation – together.